Sunday 19 October 2008

Step By Step Smokey Eye Shadow Application Technique

In this tutorial I’m using black eyeliner and black, grey and white eye shadow. Whenever I do smoky eyes with these particular shades of eye shadow, I personally like to use shimmery eye shadows because I feel the effect is much sexier and not as dull looking as matte eye shadows. But you can use what ever kind of eye shadow you like in order to give you the effect you like the best.(Step By Step Smoky Eye Shadow Application Technique)

Step 1

First I use a very soft pencil eyeliner to make a thick line around my eyes. Be sure to make the line a bit thicker on the outer corners of the top eye lids.

Smoky Step 1.JPG

Step 2

Next I use my finger to rub a shimmery grey eye shadow across my upper eye lids and just past the crease of my eyes. I also use my finger to smudge the eye liner as I apply the eye shadow to soften and blend the eyeliner a little into the eyeshadow.(Step By Step Smoky Eye Shadow Application Technique)
Step 2 a.JPG
step 2 b.JPG

Step 3

Next I use a smudge brush to apply and to smudge a shimmery black eye shadow into the crease of my eye and to the upper and lower lash lines. I do this because it will soften the eye liner even more and this is what creates the smoky eye effect. (Step By Step How To Applying Smokey Eye Shadow Application Technique) It’s a good idea to go lightly with applying the black eye shadow and then build up the intensity until you’re happy with how much you have on. I personally don’t like to make the shadow too dark, but again it’s all up to personal preference.(Step By Step How To Applying Smoky Eye Shadow Application Technique)

Step 4

Step 4

Then I highlight my brow bone with a very light dusting of shimmery white eye shadow.

Step 4.JPG

Step 5

Last but not least, I apply black mascara to my upper and lower lashes and I’m done!
QUICK TIP: Finish this look with a nude or clear gloss on your lips. The main attraction should be your eyes.(Step By Step How To Applying Smoky Eye Shadow Application Technique)
smoky mascara

Pretty BEFORE… Dazzling AFTER

Before.JPG
After.JPG

Practice at home till you get comfortable with this look. I also like to use plum, wine and brown eye shadows for even more seductively sexy smoky eyes.

Stay dazzling! Good Luck !!


"PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMENT FOR FEEDBACK THIS TUTORIAL.THANKS"

Step By Step Smokey Eye Shadow Application Technique

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow its really something great information on eye shadow.
I love to use Eye Makeup Products.